Saturday, December 29, 2012

Restaurant review: El Jarocho

El Jarocho has been absolutely killing it on the coffee front for decades.  It is mandatory for me to pay at least a couple visits anytime I'm in Mexico City.  Starbucks has arrived in town, but they have nothing on these guys - have you ever seen a Starbucks with daily lines down the block?  That's how good El Jarocho is, and their customers are loyal.  With three shops in the Coyoacan area, if you are faced with a big line at one, you might get lucky at another (as we did tonight).  For me, the Moka is the perfect blend of coffee and chocolate, for stopping by, but I'll usually grab a bag of beans to take home to Vancouver.  The chai tea is outstanding as well, if that's your bag - I'd put it up against just about anybody's.  6am - 1am daily. The main one is at Cauhtemoc 134 at the corner with Allende (metro:  Coyoacan).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impressions, thoughts, comments? Let me know.